Friday, May 23, 2008
7 years ago on the 31st, M's father and I graduated high school. We had Royal Blue cap and gowns. It was the happiest day for us. We loved eachother, we had the whole rest of our lives in front of us just waiting. Then we had a baby. Which changed the direction of our roads. And now this baby is almost 5. And although it may seem silly to most, she had a graduation last night. And while watching her in that royal blue cap and gown just like the one her father and I sported just 7 years ago, I started thinking about HER future. And what I hoped her life would turn out like. Nothing in particular, just lots of happiness, and not nearly as much heartbreak as I have endured by so many in the past . I thought how fast this is all going. And how much faster it's going to get. I just want to keep up and be the mother that my mother wasn't. I want to be so much better than that.


beautiful baby girl

Posted by Small Shake at 8:53 AM |

3 Comments:

At May 26, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Blogger SaRaH said........
Her future's so bright, she's got to wear shades, mama,
 


At May 29, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
Oh, she's so beautiful! you must me such a proud mama!
 


At June 3, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Blogger Tae said........
Time does fly, huh? Don't stress :) The fact that you love her so darn much will always shine through to her, even in the rough times... You'll do fine.