Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Well, last night was different. I got out of the funk temporarily. I figure if I can pull myself out enough times, things will get better. We started this thing at work called "A Complaint Free World". It was on Oprah I think. Anywhere, there is a website, a book, and these rubber braclets. Remeber those livestrong ones that were popular a few years back? Well, that's what these are, only they are purple. Anyway, the whole thing is, everytime you complain or gossip, or critisize, you move the thing from one arm to the other. The goal is to have it on the same arm for 21 days. AYE. So far, I have only changed it ONE time today! :) Granted it's early :) Maybe it's only temporary motivation, but whatever. Get it where you can.

Last night I got home and started with sitting my ass on the computer. But thought better of it...I ended up cooking dinner and cleaning. I did 2 loads of clothes while making the best dinner I have ever whipped up. It wasn't anything terribly special, but coming from a woman who really doesn't know how to cook, this is a big deal. I have NEVER cooked meat by myself. I ALWAYS get someone to check it for me. I'm paranoid about it. But last night, I did it. And, as you can tell, I am still alive and well :) The chicken was the shiz too! Lime pepper, with olive oil and broccoli pasta and a bread thing (idk what it was, but it was on sale at the store..square, garlicy...aka-yummy) with colby jack cheese melted on top. Oh. My. God. And do you know who I got to share it with?? No one. So I had tons left, and no one to tell me how good it was :P I'm going to have to learn how to cook for one. Because, really, I don't really have a clue. It can't be too hard though. After dinner, I cleaned up a little bit. Then put the baby down for bed. I then sat my little but down and watched Army Wives. After which, I got up, cleaned up the rest of the way and felt satisfied that I had done good tonight. I could get used to this...

Posted by Small Shake at 9:19 AM |

0 Comments: